COVID-19. In accordance with the current Australian Government guidelines, I want to let you know what I am doing to minimise the risk of exposure to Covid-19.
I am still open for business with some changes:
Firstly, please contact the clinic (02 4229 5907) to reschedule your appointment if you have been:
1. Outside of Australia with in the past 14 days
2. In contact with a person diagnosed with Covid-19 (or currently in isolation, awaiting results)
3. Feeling unwell with symptoms not limited to fever, dry cough, and/or shortness of breath
Secondly, my hygiene and cleaning practices have increased to be even more stringent. These measures include:
1. Handwashing between patients as per guidelines.
2. All linen has been removed from the treatment tables, with the tables wiped down before and after treatment.
3. Patients [where preferred] can remain dressed throughout their appointment.
4. If you would prefer to wait outside until your appointment time, please ring the clinic and let us know you’re here, so I can come outside and grab you.
If you are a current patient then you may have become familiar with the typical treatment process. In the coming days to weeks, this process may evolve to include less soft tissue/hands-on work, more exercise prescription, and shortened treatment times. This does not mean your treatment won’t be as effective. There are many ways to apply osteopathy and help you, while also minimising risk.
Outside of my practice time, I am also adhering to social distancing and limiting any non-essential contact. I live alone with my two dogs, so I am in the best situation to minimise any potential exposure.
Please talk to me if you have any questions regarding your treatment, or treatments moving forward. My goal is to keep you safe while also helping you with your musculoskeletal pain and disability.
Osteopathy works with the structure and function of the body and is based on the principle that the well being of an individual depends on the skeleton, muscles, connective tissues, and nervous system. When these aspects are not in functioning in harmony, the result can be aches, pains, sports injury, nerve pain, stiffness, and circulatory problems.
A detailed diagnostic assessment is conducted and a treatment plan is developed to address acute conditions, manage ongoing issues and provide a maintenance protocol. As well as treatment, Rachel will offer education and information on how to manage symptoms and prevent further injury. This includes advice on diet, posture, ergonomics and stress management.
Rachel Practices in Wollongong at:
Osteopathy and Healthcare Clinic
11-15 Atchison Street
Wollongong Clinic Opening Hours
9am-6pm Monday to Friday
To make an appointment with Rachel ph 02 4229 5907