RACHEL MAHONEY | OSTEOPATH
M.Osteopathy, PGCertHS (Sports Medicine), B.AppSci (Human Biology), Cert Dry Needling
Rachel practices in Bowral at:
15/70 Bowral Street,
Bowral, NSW 2576
Ph: 02 4861 2666
WHAT IS OSTEOPATHY?
Osteopathy is a form of manual therapy that aims to boost the overall health & wellbeing of the body through physical manipulation of the musculoskeletal system.
Osteopathic treatment is directed to muscles, joints and connective tissue with the goal being to reduce pain, improve postural balance, and promote optimal function.
What is Osteopathic Treatment?
At your first appointment and in any subsequent session(s), you may receive any of the below osteopathic treatments following the history and clinical assessment conducted by your osteopath.
– Musculoskeletal and nervous system assessments: Your osteopath will use a range of tools to identify what might be happening in the body.
– Manual therapy: A range of ‘hands-on’ techniques that may give relief from musculoskeletal pain, discomfort and may help tissues in the body.
– Therapeutic dry needling techniques: The use of fine needles to improve muscle tone and pain.
– Clinical exercise programs: Activities and movement strategies for use at home, work or in other settings. Exercise may help you return to activities you enjoy, for example after an injury or surgery.
– Patient education and advice: Lifestyle, stress management, diet or other factors that may influence your pain, injury or movement.
Neck or Back pain | Leg pain | Sciatica
Postural issues | Weight-bearing issues
Balancing and walking issues | Sports injuries
Muscular sprains and strains | Hip, Knee, or Foot pain
Shoulder or Elbow pain | Arthritis | Scoliosis
Tendon problems | Ligament injuries
Headaches and migraines | Workplace injuries